Friday, September 11, 2009

The First Emery Review Is In...!!!!

go here: http://fromthetomb.wordpress.com/2009/09/10/stef/

The Strange Tales of Emery Falls – Review




Issue: The Strange Tales of Emery Falls
Writer/Illustrator: Jason Flowers
Letters/Logo: Nathan Morris
Publisher: Black Thumb Press
Release Date: 2009
Pages: 32
Price: $5.00

“The Strange Tales Of Emery Falls is a story that chronicles the adventures of Emery Falls as she faces all sorts of crazy situations and evils. In this twisted tale are heroine is on a mission to get back a kidnapped unicorn from a mistrusting group of drug dealing werewolves.“

Artwork: 3.7 out of 5
What a strong solid effort on the artwork in this issue. I felt every panel was nice and crisp. I think that at times the shades of gray started to get jumbled but as a while it worked very well. The characters remained the same from panel to panel and some really stood out to me. The cover image alone is my favorite and I can see why it was chosen. Very cool work.

Story: 3.6 out of 5
Okay now there are two sides to this part of the review. Basing it on the story that was presented it was very solid. From start to finish the dialogue was clear and it kept my attention. Moved at a faster pace but it was an action issue so all is good. My gripe is that I have no idea who these characters are. For a first issue I was left in the dark on them. Now I’m cool with what went on but I would have maybe liked a page of back story at the beginning just so I know whats going on.

Dying Breath: 3.7 out of 5
This is a good first issue. While I had my gripe with no back story, what was presented to me held my attention and made me want to know more. The artwork was very cool and I think that there is easily something here to jump on board with. Some minor rough edges can be touched on but overall the creative team has my full support. Very cool start guys.

If you would like to know more about or buy The Strange Tales of Emery Falls go to www.emeryfalls.blogspot.com or www.jasonflowersart.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment